Monday, May 19, 2008

The Red Sox just called & I'm a finalist in the Red Sox Hood Kid Nation Captains Contest

I am so excited. I can't believe it. The Boston Red Sox just called. I am one of the finalists in the Boston Red Sox Kid Nation Captains Contest! really! They called me. it said Rd Sox on the caller ID. At first I couldn't say anything. I just jumped up and down. Then I screamed so loud my Grandma said she's almost deaf I can't believe it. Somebody pinch me. AND THE RED SOX are winning! It can't get any better than this!

Yesterday I went to the Celtics Game 7 with some people from the YMCA. It was fun being with my friends. I'm glad the Celtics won but I'm even happier the Red Sox won & I'm so EXCITED about the Kids Nation. Everyone PLEASE vote for me. I would be a good captain. Here's my essay I wrote for the contest & my answer to the question about what I'd ask a player. I have to go to bed now because it's past my bedtime & I'll be up late tomorrow because it's my play. I'm Lucy in "You're A Good Man Charlie Brown."

By Victoria

I try to help kids by showing them that even though we aren't old enough to vote that we can still do important things and make a difference. I have done lots of things to try to help kids. When the North Shore Spirit baseball team was leaving Lynn I started a petition to keep them in Lynn so kids would have something fun and safe to do during the summer. I got more than 800 signatures with the help of my friends and we were on the news and in the newspaper. The team left but we tried our best and trying is an important as winning. At least we let people know how much we loved the team and we all worked togther. I also put a North Shore Spirit float in the Lynn Christmas parade to thank the team and everyone had fun riding on it and watching it. I do a lot of other things too. I helped my friend Athena sell lollipops to raise money for breast cancer research and sometimes I go with my great grandmother to help feed hungry people at a church in Lynn. I give away my old toys and clothes to people that need them. I also try to help kids if they are being picked on by bigger kids because nobody should be scared or picked on. And if somebody doesn't have a friend because they're not cool or different I ask them to be my friend. But the most important thing I want to do is let kids know they don't need to join gangs, take drugs and smoke cigarettes to be cool. You don't have to be in the popular club or a sports star to be cool because being cool is doing things to help other people and make the world better. I would be a good captain of Kid Nation because I know how to work with other people and get kids involved in projects like I did with the "Save Our Spirit" project. My North Shore Spirit Baseball Collection is in the Lynn Historical Society Museum. I applied for their collections contest and was picked so all the kids in Lynn get to look at my collection and enjoy it like I do. I like sharing my stuff with other people. It makes me happy and them happy. I also know lots about the Red Sox. I am a huge Red Sox fan and watch every game I can on television. I have been to games at Fenway too. I collect Red Sox baseball cards and like Jonathan Papelbon, Curt Schilling and the older players like Tony C. and Johnny Pesky. You can see my blog at http://alextrezzafanclub.blogspot.com/ for more information about me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I hope you win. When can we vote for you? Nice essay too.
GOOD LUCK

Anonymous said...

Hi - I noticed your blog on the MLBlogs homepage, read your bio, and voted for you! Good luck!